Thursday, 5 June 2008

The Lord knows what you need.....


Wow! It is barely been a week into my first pastoral posing. I am currently at the Parish of the Church of Our Lady Queen of Peace. "Checked in" on Saturday afternoon and went to "work straight away in the evening distributing communion during sunset mass and through all the masses as well on Sunday. 

I lost count of all the smiles and welcomes I received for all the parishoners. This is my first time "on the other side" of the fence and I truly understand how weekends are for priests... just one word.... TIRING.... maybe more word..... FULFILLING ! 

I have attended Legion of Mary meetings (mandarin speaking), their Youth Ministry meeting and have just came back from an SCC (Small Christian Community) meeting. This has really been a really rewarding pastoral exposure so far.

In the church, I find myself staring at the statue on the left. This is the statue right in the centre at the sanctuary. I really thank our Blessed Mother for allowing me to serve my one month pastoral in this parish of hers.

I am really looking forward to the next four weeks or so left. I think I am really going to enjoy my stay here and benefit from the experiences of two great Priests. Praise and Honour and Glory be to God !!!

No comments: